It was wonderful to see so many of you at our last event held Wednesday 18th of November at ANZ in Canary Wharf. If your calendar is anything like mine I know just how difficult it is to fit anything extra into your schedule over the holiday season. Thanks to you all for helping promote the network and helping us grow such a diverse network of women, I have been receiving an email a day lately from Kiwi's who have just arrived over here or are desperate to get networking, so chances are if you havent made it to an event for a while you will see new faces in January, which is always good!
Our evening started with getting to know some new people by introducing ourselves to those on our table and brainstorming by sharing our own top tips for networking and building relationships. One of the aims of this Network is to share ideas and help each other. I have consolidated these tips into a cheat sheet, which is attached.
Next we listened to Dallas Leigh-Hill with her 10 Commandments of Peak Performance. Dallas was an amazing speaker and her own personal experiences helped convey her message to us. I'm very much looking forward to reading Dallas's book once it's out as it sounds like she's interviewed a number of peak performers who have excelled in their field. Thank you Dallas!
Congratulations to Joanna Reesby who won our first door prize of a place at Dallas's next workshop in January. Our second door prize was won by Linda Cook which was kindly donated by New Zealand hair dresser Christa Loisel of Ena Salon. The package included a free cut, colour and manicure. Christa also donated a 30% voucher to all who attended on the night. Please help support Christa in building her London client base.
When: 6-9pm Wednesday 18th November - (6:30pm kickoff)
Where: ANZ Bank Function Room - 40 Bank St, Canary Wharf (E14 5EJ)
Nearest Tube: Canary Wharf Jubilee Line
What: An evening to network with other Kiwi women along with women
from ANZ Bank and to learn about Peak Performance, and how to create it both in a
professional and personal capacity. This will be run by Dallas Leigh-Hill
http://www.collina.co.uk who is an international keynote speaker and coach.
his will be your last chance to network before 2010 and tickets will again
Cost and pay: £15 (includes drinks and nibbles) - you can pay direct here on
our website ---> http://www.nzwomen.co.uk/events
To read a full write up of the event and to hear some more superb
news click the read more button below...
Well thanks to so many of you for attending the event on October the 5th at the Modern Pantry with our guest Speaker Annah Stretton. Again we have received amazing feedback from you with ALL of the surveys on the night rating the event ‘excellent’.
Pictured left to right are: Bronwen Horton, Annah Stretton and Maggie Eyre at The Modern Pantry.
October 5th Event
Well our event with Annah Stretton at the Modern Pantry is fast approaching and shows how quickly time flies. For those who haven’t bought tickets there are only a few left. Please feel free to invite other Kiwi women who would be interested in attending this event. Register on the website @ http://nzwomen.co.uk/events?func=details&did=1
A little help for Annah
While Annah Stretton is here in Europe she is looking to speak with anyone who has contacts with UK fashion agents. Please let us know so we can put you in contact with Annah before she arrives here in London. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are in the final stages of planning November’s event and will be able to release the dates and theme of the evening at October’s event.
We are also seeking anyone who has a Kiwi business who would like to provide a free venue to host up-and-coming events. We are also looking for future speakers and ideas for themes. Please email Bronwen on email@example.com with any suggestions.
Along with celebrating Annah winning the Veuve Clicquot Award for 2009, we are delighted to let you know that Katherine Corich of Sysdoc is short-listed as a Finalist in the Entrepreneurial Category of the prestigious UK National Business Awards 2009 which will be announced on November the 10th in London. Katherine and some of her team will be attending our event on the 5th so you will have a chance to congratulate her in person.
Dubai based, Donna Stills is organising a conference to be held in Central London at the end of January 2010 under the banner of 'Dream Dare Dance'.
Thirdly, if you've always dreamed of being on the stage and delivering a presentation or run a workshop at such an event? Please let Donna know what exciting activities & thoughts you'd like to share that would be inspiring and motivating to women.
Contact Donna direct by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Kiwi Events in London
Part of the aim of our network is to help each of you to build your own networks and to help support Kiwi’s and Kiwi businesses here in the UK. Some up and coming events include:
K O H A T U + P E T R O S
Winter Collection 2009 Invitation
Thursday 1st October 2009 - Friday 2nd October 2009
12 noon - 8.00 pm
Montagu Place Town House Hotel
2 Montagu Place
10% discount will be offered on
presentation of this card for the above dates only.
- New Zealand Society – Oktoberfest 15th October at NZ House Penthouse and Winter Drinks and Christmas Markets 26th November for further info and bookings see www.nzsociety.co.uk
- University of Canterbury Alumni Cocktail Evening - October 23rd at NZ House Penthouse between 6 and 8pm
RSVP: by 16 October to Chapel & York Limited, 12 Ladycross Park, Hollow Lane, Lingfield, RH7 6PB, United Kingdom, ph: +44 1342 871910, fax: +44 3 1342 871911, email: email@example.com
- Kea - up and coming events - check their latest newsletter at http://www.keanewzealand.com/groups/kea-uk-news.html)
- The Conway Whitcliffe Trust will be holding it’s launch on 12th November at the Halfmoon pub in Putney. The trust has been established by Kiwi Dee Chase who is the widower of Conway Whitcliffe who died tragically in 2007. The aim of the Trust is to help bring music to children of the World via grants for music lessons. For more details speak to Dee at our October 5th event or see www.conwaywickliffetrust.com
- NZ NEWS UK - One of the best ways to keep up to date with New Zealand goings-on is to regularly visit www.nznewsuk.co.uk
- Peta Mathias book launch on the 19th August was superb – check out her book on Amazon UK ‘Fabulous thoughts on being a Woman’
- Another worthwhile read is ‘Beyond the Boys Club’ which endeavours to show you how to develop your careers strategy, break though the glass ceiling for women and completely raise your game. Packed with vital insights and inspirational ideas, the book is written specifically for professional females to enable strategic advancementin leadership roles...whereever you are in your career.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 5th of October.