When: 6-9pm Wednesday 18th November - (6:30pm kickoff)
Where: ANZ Bank Function Room - 40 Bank St, Canary Wharf (E14 5EJ)
Nearest Tube: Canary Wharf Jubilee Line
What: An evening to network with other Kiwi women along with women
from ANZ Bank and to learn about Peak Performance, and how to create it both in a
professional and personal capacity. This will be run by Dallas Leigh-Hill
http://www.collina.co.uk who is an international keynote speaker and coach.
his will be your last chance to network before 2010 and tickets will again
Cost and pay: £15 (includes drinks and nibbles) - you can pay direct here on
our website ---> http://www.nzwomen.co.uk/events
To read a full write up of the event and to hear some more superb
news click the read more button below...
When: 6-9pm Wednesday 18th November - (6:30pm kickoff)
Well thanks to so many of you for attending the event on October the 5th at the Modern Pantry with our guest Speaker Annah Stretton. Again we have received amazing feedback from you with ALL of the surveys on the night rating the event ‘excellent’.
Pictured left to right are: Bronwen Horton, Annah Stretton and Maggie Eyre at The Modern Pantry.
October 5th Event
Well our event with Annah Stretton at the Modern Pantry is fast approaching and shows how quickly time flies. For those who haven’t bought tickets there are only a few left. Please feel free to invite other Kiwi women who would be interested in attending this event. Register on the website @ http://nzwomen.co.uk/events?func=details&did=1
A little help for Annah
While Annah Stretton is here in Europe she is looking to speak with anyone who has contacts with UK fashion agents. Please let us know so we can put you in contact with Annah before she arrives here in London. Email email@example.com
We are in the final stages of planning November’s event and will be able to release the dates and theme of the evening at October’s event.
We are also seeking anyone who has a Kiwi business who would like to provide a free venue to host up-and-coming events. We are also looking for future speakers and ideas for themes. Please email Bronwen on firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions.
Along with celebrating Annah winning the Veuve Clicquot Award for 2009, we are delighted to let you know that Katherine Corich of Sysdoc is short-listed as a Finalist in the Entrepreneurial Category of the prestigious UK National Business Awards 2009 which will be announced on November the 10th in London. Katherine and some of her team will be attending our event on the 5th so you will have a chance to congratulate her in person.
Dubai based, Donna Stills is organising a conference to be held in Central London at the end of January 2010 under the banner of 'Dream Dare Dance'.
Thirdly, if you've always dreamed of being on the stage and delivering a presentation or run a workshop at such an event? Please let Donna know what exciting activities & thoughts you'd like to share that would be inspiring and motivating to women.
Contact Donna direct by emailing her at email@example.com
Upcoming Kiwi Events in London
Part of the aim of our network is to help each of you to build your own networks and to help support Kiwi’s and Kiwi businesses here in the UK. Some up and coming events include:
K O H A T U + P E T R O S
Winter Collection 2009 Invitation
Thursday 1st October 2009 - Friday 2nd October 2009
12 noon - 8.00 pm
Montagu Place Town House Hotel
2 Montagu Place
10% discount will be offered on
presentation of this card for the above dates only.
- New Zealand Society – Oktoberfest 15th October at NZ House Penthouse and Winter Drinks and Christmas Markets 26th November for further info and bookings see www.nzsociety.co.uk
- University of Canterbury Alumni Cocktail Evening - October 23rd at NZ House Penthouse between 6 and 8pm
RSVP: by 16 October to Chapel & York Limited, 12 Ladycross Park, Hollow Lane, Lingfield, RH7 6PB, United Kingdom, ph: +44 1342 871910, fax: +44 3 1342 871911, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kea - up and coming events - check their latest newsletter at http://www.keanewzealand.com/groups/kea-uk-news.html)
- The Conway Whitcliffe Trust will be holding it’s launch on 12th November at the Halfmoon pub in Putney. The trust has been established by Kiwi Dee Chase who is the widower of Conway Whitcliffe who died tragically in 2007. The aim of the Trust is to help bring music to children of the World via grants for music lessons. For more details speak to Dee at our October 5th event or see www.conwaywickliffetrust.com
- NZ NEWS UK - One of the best ways to keep up to date with New Zealand goings-on is to regularly visit www.nznewsuk.co.uk
- Peta Mathias book launch on the 19th August was superb – check out her book on Amazon UK ‘Fabulous thoughts on being a Woman’
- Another worthwhile read is ‘Beyond the Boys Club’ which endeavours to show you how to develop your careers strategy, break though the glass ceiling for women and completely raise your game. Packed with vital insights and inspirational ideas, the book is written specifically for professional females to enable strategic advancementin leadership roles...whereever you are in your career.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 5th of October.
The Guest Speaker for our October 5th New Zealand Business Womens Network Meeting is Annah Stretton. Recognised as one of New Zealand’s leading entrepreneurs, Annah Stretton continues to grow her thriving business empire.
Now working under the ‘Stretton Group’ banner, Annah operates her impressive list of business interests – Stretton Clothing and Stretton Publishing to name just two – from her Waikato base. Her boundless energy also allows her to be actively involved in a huge number of philanthropic endeavours, supporting many national groups including Look good Feel Better, Starship, SPCA, Safe and several Breast Cancer initiatives. Annah also enjoys getting involved at the ‘grass roots’ level, often speaking, mentoring, teaching, judging or supporting
small organizations with fundraising or educational events.
In 2008, the true level of Annah’s achievements and generosity of spirit was captured when she was awarded the honour of becoming a Member of New Zealand Order of Merit for Services to Fashion, Business and the Community.
In addition, earlier this year Annah became the 2009 New Zealand recipient of the Veuve Clicquot Award; a global tribute to female achievers in business and industry who exemplify the qualities of Madame Clicquot, the woman behind the successful champagne house Veuve Clicquot.
Most recently, Annah was chosen to be one of the faces of Telecom’s XT Mobile Network - showing just how influential this jet-setter can be. You can read more about Annah at www.annahstretton.co.nz