Be part of something great – APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Vacancies: Executive Board Members
You will be a confident self-starter comfortable with the idea of a working advisory board with projects to deliver, supported by a dedicated team of volunteers. Positions are open to those who are ready to take the next step in their career, to board level. Positions are unfortunately not open to those who have board experience.
Board members will be matched with a mentor who has served on a board and are required to undertake compulsory meetings with mentors and training as part of their commitment. Most training sessions will be added on to board meetings for convenience.
We are looking for individuals who understand the pressures faced by a small start-up organisation, and who can think creatively and ambitiously about the opportunities for the network to grow and increase its impact.
The estimated time commitment required is attending six, 2.5 hour bi-monthly meetings a year, compulsory training days (included in the board meeting commitment where possible) and mentoring with your own personal mentor. This is a working board so you will also be committed to undertaking agreed projects with the support of a volunteer team. Time commitment for deliverable projects will vary dependent on position and project.
Key Responsibilities of the Board:
• Working with the founding Director and other board members on strategic development;
• Contributing to the governance, strategic growth and financial oversight of NZBWN;
• Act as an ambassador for our work and advising on programmes, projects or internal priorities which are relevant to your fields of expertise and interest;
• Deliver specific projects within functional role;
• Provide specific guidance and support to our founding director Bronwen Horton and Leah Rodrigues, COO, drawing on your professional insights and experience.
We’d love to work with people who can demonstrate:
• A new perspective and ideas for growing the network and staying relevant to our members;
• A flexible, creative and empathetic mindset;
• Experience working in or with business, consultancies, charities, social enterprise, the public sector, the creative industries or academia;
• A good understanding of the networks purpose and objectives, and enthusiasm for our mission;
• Supportive of the Networks overall goals and objectives but willing to express your own opinion;
• A willingness to grow personally and professionally through the role and ongoing training programme;
• Reliable, committed candidates with a proven track record of seeing projects through from idea to implementation;
• No previous experience as a member of a Board.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Start Date: 2020
Location: Meetings will be held in central London
Contract terms: Commitment of 18 months with the right to reapply for one additional term
Salary: Voluntary and unremunerated
Application details: APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
The New Zealand Business Women’s Network is a company limited by guarantee, operating as a not-for-profit social enterprise. We may pursue charitable status in the future depending on the strategic direction from the Board.
* If you have experience of working on a Board and would like to apply to become a mentor to our Executive Board please get in touch with Leah@nzwomen.co.uk to discuss.
For more information on each role please select: