The NZBWN mentoring programme enables network members to get started on their own individual journeys to overcome challenges, seize opportunities, and realise their aspirations.
Be in quick - have your say now for our mentoring programme for 2020
Expressions of interest are now open for mentees and mentors for the 2020 mentoring programme. Please click on the links below to register your expression of interest to become a mentee or mentor in 2020.
The mentoring programme is a themed peer-mentoring programme comprising of multiple mentoring groups that are being rolled out during the year (the 2020 programmes are scheduled to start in March and September 2020). Each mentoring group consists of six selected individuals united by a common theme. The programme consists of six sessions over a 12 week period that are led by a mentor who will provide leadership and guidance. After those initial sessions the groups are encouraged to continue with group-facilitated peer-mentoring.
Every group offers network members a supportive environment to unlock their potential and enables esteemed leaders from within the network to give-back to our community by sharing their wisdom, experience, best practices, and connections.
Mentor group members will be challenged, motivated, and/or inspired in ways that help them identify opportunities, evaluate options and overcome obstacles.
There are some amazing topics being considered for 2020 but need your help to decide which topics to launch. Potential topics for 2020 include:
- Boards - board ready, on first board or researching being on a board in the near future
- Leadership - new managers and leaders
- Career accelerator / progression - starting out or established in career and wanting to explore next steps
- Business - freelancing, one person businesses, just starting out
- Mind the gap - returning to work after a career break
- Productivity - how can I work more effectively
- Personal branding - what is my personal brand and how to sell it to others
- Public speaking and presentations - confidence to speak to a group
If you are interested in exploring one of the mentoring programmes as a mentee or mentor, please complete the short expression of interest form at the link below.